Monday, September 1, 2008

Why the TKO Blog?

Dear observers,

Could we really use one of these? I think we could. TKO will hold its reputation as the school's finest political and cultural magazine with or without a blog, but a blog has its own function. It will give our little band of dissident-minded and right-wing-oriented observers the opportunity to comment with more freedom and immediacy on a variety of relevant matters, including those that pertain specifically to life in Gambier. It will allow Kenyon students to see how intelligent people of the Right think about the world in the day-to-day, and how they tend to process and discuss Bigger Issues. I imagine that the truly open-minded will welcome this and perhaps even benefit from it, assuming we are able to keep our writings lucid, relevant, engaging, and stylish.

Those are ways that other people might gain from our blog. Personally, I'm simply looking forward to discussing things with the rest of you. We have an intelligent and clear-minded group, I think, and I'm glad be able to blog with you.

Best,

Evan

Update: By way of introduction, I'm Evan McLaren, a graduated member of Kenyon's class of 2008 and former TKO editor. I'm out in the world now but not entirely rooted yet. I'm at home in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, looking for long-term work while I enjoy my most worthwhile responsibility currently--writing for Taki's Magazine, an up-and-coming outlet of the anti-neocon Right. (Taki's own explanation of his magazine is very much worth a glance.)